Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sexy, Chic, Comfortable, LEGGINGS!!



What gal dosen't like to feel sexy and comfortable at the same time. That's why I'm so glad that leggings are back! I LOVED them the first time around but this time they are going places they've never gone before! As you can see from the above pictures, leggings can go from casual to an evening out. Shiny leggings add an air of sexiness while adding a hip edgy feel to your look. They are perfect for a night out with the girls. I just bought my first pair of shiny leggings and I promise I post my own personal version of shiny leggings on Monday!

Leggings can also be casual while chic at the same time. Adding a sweater, tunic or printed tee shirt and a cute pair of boots can equal style and comfort all at the same time. Leggings can also be ramped up for a more dressy feel. Adding a dressy tunic or shirt with a dressy sandal is all you need to dress up your leggings. I would reccomend black as the best color to try and dress up. Black will be the most slimming and the easiest color to pull of a dressy look with.

I personally feel that after a certain age ( lets say any one above 19) any top worn with leggings should hit mid hip at the minimum. Tops should go from mid hip to a little above the knee. Also make sure that the fabric is not sheer and is nice and supportive. You want your leggings to have a snug, smooth and firm fit without being too tight. You don't want them to be loose or saggy either. Now, get busy finding your own way to work your leggings. So, go on, get in that closet and find a sexy, cool and chic look, all your own!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Trace said...

I have really enjoyed leggings this winter! Warm and comfortable. And I agree with you, at my age I am very careful to only wear them with not-too-short dresses.

Sharon S said...

Hi there-fabulous post and I too love leggings first time round in the 80s and right now!