Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Have You Seen Your Sense of Style




















Where is your sense of style? When was the last time you saw it? What was it wearing?!? LOL!! I know, I know veeery funny right? But seriously, sometimes we loose our way when it comes, not only to our sense of style concerning fashion, but our own personal sense of self. The reality is that our sense of self(or lack there of) is reflected in what we wear and how we wear it. When is the last time you felt truly radiant? What was it that made you feel like you simply glowed? How do you tap into that inner glow and reflect it in what you wear?

The answers can seem to elude us at times. Whenever I pick up a magazine there are so many options. Every one seems to have their ideas of what's "in" and what's out. And I love a trend as much as the next gal but really, who can keep up? Who even wants to? Trends are great and they keep the world of fashion a buzz with fresh and new ideas BUT they shouldn't dictate what you HAVE to wear. The key is to be able to take bits and pieces from a trend that work for you. There are things that you and only you know about yourself that no trend or fashion magazine can tell you. That's why YOUR sense of self is YOUR most important fashion accessory. Understanding your own personal style is foundational in building a wardrobe that reflects the beautiful person YOU are.

Let me use myself as an example. I'm a Hair and Fashion Stylist and I own a online Vintage Boutique. I'm an artsy and creative person and I work from home . I am drawn to vintage, romantic, flowing, sexy, creative and unique clothing. I don't like to iron, I go out alot, I'm extremely free spirited and I like to be comfortable but i also want to feel like a sexy, beautiful head turner at the same time . HMMMM, how can I pull that off? So what does my wardrobe look like? Well, my pictures above can give you a taste of that. I feel comfortable in my wardrobe and, most importantly, I feel like my most beautiful self in it. As you can see having my own personal trademark style is very important to me. Doesn't my confidence just shine through?

So, what about you? Are you up to finding your sense of self? Wanna find her and get her an new outfit or two? Take a few minutes today and ask yourself, "How do I want to feel when I get dressed?" Is it sexy, professional, bohemian, casual, the list can go on and on. Take the time to list three things you would like to feel when you get dressed and then think of small things that you can do to achieve your goal . You can do it! Your most beautiful self is inside and she's just waiting to get her glow on!








Posted by Picasa

No comments: