Monday, January 12, 2009

How to Rock Your Jeans







Here on the east coast it's been pretty cold and that means it's time to bundle up. But bundling up doesn't mean we have to look frumpy. It just means that we have to get creative. How can we do this, you ask, it's simple. Jeans. That's right jeans can be really warm (especially with a pair of long johns underneath) and chic at the same time. All you have to do is add a few essentials to glam them up. Try a pair of skinny jeans tucked in a pair of knee high boots or how about a pair of wide legs with a cozy turtleneck or sweater and a cute leather jacket. Remember to add a pretty scarf or a bright pair of gloves and a warm winter coat or wrap to keep you warm. Also, you don't have to stick with blue denim, grey, black and even red can add a different look or add that extra pop of color to a cold winter day. Now get out there and experiment! See how incredibly fab and warm you can be at the same time.

3 comments:

Trace said...

Great post - I do tend to forget about jeans sometimes! Love the reminder about wearing thermals underneath. I think I'll take your suggestion for casual Friday tomorrow and do wide legs with a sweater and cute jacket!

SoulMate Coach Crystal said...

Yeah, jeans are such an important part of my wardrobe. Especially when it's cold outside!

Cathryn said...

I have a question about boots over skinny jeans. How much bagginess is allowed where the jean hits the boot? I've tried to wear boots over my skinny jeans, but it feels like I get bulges and bubbles.