Thursday, January 15, 2009

Layering

Don't you just love layering? But learning to mix patterns and texture can take a little practice. First of all I had to find my own personal comfort zone. I do believe in stretching my limits but I find I must still feel relatively comfortable in what I am wearing. In this picture I mixed a black lace shirt with a floral sweater. Even though the shirt is lace by it being black it is still somewhat basic. The floral sweater added just the right amount of pizazz. Try it for yourself. Get in your closet, mix and match some pieces that don't necessarily "match". Look for colors that compliment each other in different patterns and experiment with different textures. See what you come up with. You just might like it!

I have committed to shopping my closet for the next month. So I will be getting real creative with what I already have. Who wants to join me!!!!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Sheila said...

May I say, you look fierce in those jeans!

I am all about the layering. For one thing, I'm always cold so I need those layers! I wore 3 layers today.

Looking forward to seeing some of the great things in your closet!

LJ said...

love the jeans and boots... i have never done that look... i really love that look!

SoulMate Coach Crystal said...

Thanks for the compliments guys:-)!

90-Dayer said...

I love the cardi! It does add a lot of pizazz.

Where did you get your jeans? I haven't been able to rock the boot over denim look because, I can't find a skinny jean that isn't low rise-which is not for my body type even a little bit!

SoulMate Coach Crystal said...

I found my jeans at Old Navy. I love them. The also sell a higher risr jean in BJ's, believe it or not. I think they are by Gloria Vanderbelt.

Trace said...

I've definitely been into layering this winter. Here's to shopping our own closets! I need to commit to this as well!

Cathryn said...

LOVE the obi belt. I'm addicted to my own.