Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Belt it UP!











If there is one thing you can tell about me by reading my blog, it's that I LOVE belts. I just LOVE what they can do for an outfit. I often use belts in my pictures of my vintage pieces to update a shirt or dress and to show the versatility of a piece. A belt can quickly add style and give a different look to an outfit. You can wear a belt right under the breast to create an empire look, this look will help to camouflage the tummy while creating clean feminine lines. A belt can also be worn at your natural waist to accentuate your curves and create a polished look. Also, cardigans, sweaters and jackets can also be belted to instantly update their look. And don't forget the hips. Wearing a belt on the hips, weather on top of an over sized tee or on top of a fitted dress, creates a stylist and edgy new dimension while being quite slimming. Don't be afraid to move the buckle, twist it to the side to create an exciting and unique look. So go ahead and give it a whirl. Try all kinds of belts, wrap belts, skinny belts, thicker belts or what ever your fancy, just try one! Try it up higher than usual, then try it in the middle and lastly push it down on your hips for a different feel. See how adding a belt here or there will add miles to your wardrobe!

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I have been looking for an obi-style belt for ages. They are so hard to find!

I love belts and have saved all my favourite ones over the years.

SoulMate Coach Crystal said...

I don't know Shelia but if you look on asos.com in the clearence section under accessories, there was a really cute patent leather obi belt that is really cute. You can also go to etsy.com and search for obi belts, there are a few people on there that make them as well. I hope this helps.

Trace said...

This is a great post. I have been struggling with belts recently for some reason - this is inspiring. You are right, belts can definitely update a look. Great belt pics too!

Sheila said...

Thanks so much, HCS! I just love those wide belts.

LJ said...

Awesome post! I love belts and I'm always buying them, I just never know how to wear them. And I am so loving that polka dot top. The necklace and belt you have with it makes it such a hot look. And that linen dress with the print... Love it!!! I plan to make a purchase one day.