Friday, December 19, 2008

What I've learned Blogging





Tha' Jewels

My New Favorite Shoes



I was reading Style Klutz the other day and she was talking about how taking pictures of herself for her blog has revealed her love of black and grey. I must admit I realized the same thing ( I was shocked to look in my closet and see all that black and the various shades of grey I've accumulated) but I also found something else. My style is much more trendy and edgy than I ever thought. Reading some of the other blogs I see blazers, slacks and such. I guess I didn't realize how far removed I am from the cooperate / office life. As a hair stylist and boutique owner I really do get to march to the beat of my own drummer. I just didn't realize how much so until recently. That brings me t today's look. This is my take on holiday chic. This is not for a formal gathering, it's more of a casual, comfortable yet chic and totally glam look. Or at least my take on it he he! Big jewelry and purple tights make this outfit pop. While the ruffled sweater give just a touch of romance and femininity. The all black always slims and make you look pulled together. What is your style? What do you look in your closet and see. Take a few pictures of yourself, what do you see? Would you like to change some things or are you lovin' what you see? I'd love to hear your feed back.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

You look fabulously glam! Love the shoes! I want!

I've always known that my style was not like other women's (that's a good thing). I look in my closet and I see COLOUR! So much colour. I love mixing colours and styles. Sure, there's always black and grey and brown (I love brown), but I always come back to my reds, oranges, yellows, blues, purples and pretty much any colour you could mention, including pink, which I don't even like that much.

I also adore pattern and texture.

WendyB said...

Fierce shoes!

Trace said...

You look totally hot! I need to take a cue from you and work more vibrant accessories into my black and gray wardrobe. Definitely gives a pop and an edge. I LOVE that bag, your jewlery, tights and shoes. Great holiday look girl.

*Diane* said...

Love your shoes!
And my closet has so many colors. but there are a lot of blacks too. especially since i work in a corporate environment. But i love color toom so its always interesting to see what i gravitate to on a daily basis

Cathryn said...

I have a similar problem with black and neutral in my wardrobe. I've always gravitated towards black because it's the slimming color and it's wonderfully figure flattering. However, I'm having trouble making my black pieces pop in a fun and funky way. I'd love to see your suggestion on how to work a black and grey wardrobe.

90-Dayer said...

Definitely digging the bag. Love the bit of ruffles too.