Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Flowers in the Winter




Wearing floral prints in the winter can be a little tricky. It is, after all, winter and who is thinking about flowers in the winter? MEEEEEE! With it being so cold it's kinda nice to think of flowers blooming and warmer days. So, I decided to winterize this little number by adding tights and a pair of my favorite vintage boots in a vibrant red. I chose this dress to winterize because of it's dark color (black). It can be a little difficult (I'd say almost impossible) to do this with a lighter floral print on say, cream or beige, so save the pastel florals for the warmer months and stick with the richer colors for winter and fall. So you wanna try it? Are you bold enough to be a winter flower?

3 comments:

Sheila said...

I love floral all year round - in fact, I did a white background floral skirt twice this week! Take that! Ha! :)

SoulMate Coach Crystal said...

You are right. I have to correct that. I was thinking more of lighter florals with light back rounds not ighter back rounds with darker and richer flowers. And by the way the skirt is absolutely aborable!

Trace said...

I think this is a great dress to winterize! Wow love those boots, you look great!